Sunday, November 28, 2010

news and info

Happy late Thanksgiving! I hope everyone enjoyed lots of turkey, pie, friendship and family! My family and I went to Boston to enjoy the holiday with my amazing and all talented cousins and their children. I love being around people who make you want to be a better person. My sister was out of town so we crashed at her place that night. Luckily we decided to cut our trip a bit early and headed home. I say luckily because we all ended up with the flu and I would have been mortified if we ruined my sister's beautiful home (yes, she is an amazing interior designer). But don't worry, I made it to Ikea on the way home where I purchased lots of fun fabric. I am in a sewing mode. Do you ever get those? I saw this pattern (sale going on now) and bought it right away! I am going to make my girls Christmas skirts with it. Please wish me luck!

Elle (my eldest) turned 6! Can you believe it, because I sure can't!! We had my Grandmothers funeral the weekend of her birthday. We had to make the 8 hour drive home on her birthday. So we threw together the best breakfast birthday party EVER! And when I say threw together I mean it. We were making big flowery headbands things until the wee hours the night before. But the lucky girl had her grandparents, all cousins and all aunts and uncles - my side - there (not to mention parents and siblings as well).

 I think Elle may be one of the only people cut out in this picture:) Take it up with my dad.




Our winner of the Halloween DIY contest sent me her picks from elle and kate. I think she did an excellent job choosing some great pieces.


I also had a gold party at my house to benefit Cystic Fibrosis. It was a TON of fun, it was for a GREAT cause and all my friends got spending money for Christmas! Details on how to host one for yourself to come.


Christmas is rapidly approaching. Which for me means, baking, decorating, crafting and yes, you guessed it.. lots of DIY's. Also I will let you know of the great little finds and deals that I think are too great to pass up. So make sure to check back in:)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about the loss of your grandmother.
    I bought that same pattern as well as some flower headband ones from her a few months ago. It's a great pattern--of course, you always have good taste. I tried to call you a week or so ago and your mailbox was full as usual. We REALLY need to catch up friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails