Monday, October 25, 2010

DIY ENTRY #9 Candy Corn Kisses & Cookies!

I wish these were sitting in my kitchen because I am wanting to walk right down and eat them
all up. This DIY is from Erin from Making memories with your kids.


Another thing I love about Halloween is candy corn! LOVE IT! It looks so darn festive and Halloweeny. So when I saw these at Target I had to buy them. Yes, had. I was compelled. How cool are they?!?!


I know there are lots of recipes out there for the peanut butter kiss cookies but my kids aren't real keen on peanut butter cookies. So I wanted a "plain" recipe. Who knew there was an entire Hershey's website with recipes on it! My new favorite site that I will be surfing at all hours of the night. So we made one of the recipes off the site and it was delicious!

Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
* 1/4 tsp. baking soda
* 1/8 tsp. salt
* Hershey kisses

Directions
* Beat butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
* Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
* Slowly add to butter mixture.
* Refrigerate dough until fim enough to handle.
* Roll into one inch balls.
* Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
* Remove from oven and immediately place a Hersheys kiss in the center of each cookie.



Let the kisses firm up again (they will melt from the heat of the cookies.
We drizzled ours with white chocolate (because that just sounded good) =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails