Tuesday, October 26, 2010

DIY ENTRY #12 A Line Up Of Ghosts

Erin of Making Memories with your kids is full of ideas.


My kids and I are having so much fun decorating for Halloween. We're crafting and baking like crazy and I am amazed how many free crafts I can find out there to make. This one was the best because it was totally free. Yep, free!

We go through a ton of milk jugs but I sent out an email at work asking for some more. My co-workers probably think I'm a nut because I'm always asking for their "garbage." But hey, one man's garbage is another man's treasure, right? (Or something like that.) This great idea came from Disney Family Fun Magazine. Have you heard of it? It's awesome! I love it.

It was super easy. We cleaned out the milk jugs. You can use as many as you would like.

Use a permanent marker and draw a face on each one. My kids picked out the faces. Can you guess which one my daughter likes the most?

Then cut a piece out of the back of the jug so you can put lights in it. White lights would have probably looked better but we didn't have any of the all white ones. So we used a string of multi-colored Christmas lights. (I wanted this to be free so we used what we had.)

Put the lights in the back of the jugs and line them up. I used a piece of duct tape to tape the jugs together. Just in case the wind blew or something. I guess you could fill them with sand or something else to hold them down. Hopefully they won't blow away =o)

What do you think? It'll be fun to have these plugged in on Halloween to greet all the trick-or-treaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails