Monday, October 25, 2010

DIY ENTRY #2 Halloween canvas

Our next entry is from Lindzie. Spooky and glamorous all in one (my girls would love it). Step by step instructions below.

What you will need:
- stretched canvas
- acrylic paint
- Modge Podge
- decorative Halloween paper
- paper doily
- glitter glue
- Halloween rhinestone words and chipboard pieces
- rhinestones
- tulle
- crystal
- ribbon
- black crepe paper
- double stick tape

1. Pick any size of canvas on a wood frame (aka stretched canvas). I picked an 8x8 size. I found this size at Hobby Lobby, but I've seen this size at AC Moore. This is easier to work with when it comes to scrapbook papers.

2. I painted the sides of the canvas Citron Green (Americana acrylic paint DA235) and a little ways into the middle of the canvas just in case the paper didn't cover the whole canvas. .

3. I used the Halloween paper from 2008 Fall Mat Stack from Die Cuts with a View. I used Glossy Modge Podge to glue it down to the canvas.

4. I then painted a paper doily (found at most dollar stores) lavender (Americana acrylic paint DA034) and modge podged that on. I also used a glitter glue to glitter the middle of the doily

5. I found some cute Halloween rhinestone words and cute chipboard pieces at Michael's. I adhered those using Modge Podge as well. I then found some rhinestones to adhere to the bat and cat to give them glowing eyes.

6. I tied tulle around the canvas in a bow. I attached a home decor crystal with purple ribbon to the tulle before tying the bow. '

7. I used black crepe paper (found at party stores or Walmart) to create a ruffle effect behind the canvas. You can do this easily with double stick tape, Scor tape, Terrifically Tack Tape (the red kind) by Provo Craft, or a double sided adhesive of your choice.

8. Finally, I used Modge Podge to seal the front of the project.
Now you have a nice home decor project! Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know I was featured! I thought I was following your blog...and I wasn't. Thank you so much for sharing my project and everyone else that participated fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails